The Innovation Programmes have been established to support the introduction and adoption of needs-led, evidence-based innovations into our healthcare system within the Health Innovation Manchester footprint.
This will improve the health of our citizens and also promote economic development and wealth creation through the growth of local businesses and jobs.
The Innovation Programmes are specifically designed to provide funding support to help organisations with innovative products or services accelerate progress to significant milestones. These innovations must be either market ready or close to market ready.
The priority area for the Innovation programme is “evaluating the remote management of post-acute (COVID-19) and/or chronically ill patients at home”
There are two work streams associated with the programme:
- Momentum Fund
- Health Accelerator programme (in partnership with Danaher Diagnostics)
Funding of £300k is available across the two work streams to support appropriate proof of value (Accelerator) or evaluation (Momentum) activities.
- SME (can be based anywhere in the world).
- Partner health care organisation (must be based within Greater Manchester & Eastern Cheshire footprint).
- Project length should be between 6-12 months.
- Innovation/project must be in the area of evaluating the clinical value of remote management of post-acute (COVID-19) and/or chronically ill patients at home.
- Ideally a market ready product.