Public and Community Involvement and Engagement
Health Innovation Manchester aims to ensure that public voices and experiences are at the heart of research and innovation, ensuring fast development and delivery to address health needs across the diverse population and communities of Greater Manchester.
- We will establish a new extended core Public and Community Involvement and Engagement (PCIE) Panel to support core Health Innovation Manchester activities and co-produce a PCIE strategy for ARC-GM.
- We will develop a One Manchester approach to Public and Community Involvement and Engagement (PCIE) to maximise diversity and inclusion, enhance the value of ongoing work, and avoid duplication across Greater Manchester.
- Develop an involvement and engagement framework to support digital transformation with a focus on enabling and sustaining public trust, co-design and digital literacy.
- We will ensure we demonstrate our core values and best practice by reflecting the national standards for public involvement to: demonstrate inclusive opportunities and support for collaborative working and communications; enable public scrutiny and governance; evaluate and track impact of involvement and engagement activities.
- We will build capacity for public involvement and co-production across Health Innovation Manchester programmes to ensure an increase in volume of programmes with embedded and meaningful PPIE.