06 Dec 2023
£20,000 project funding awards available through MAHSC Cancer Domain
Manchester Academic Health Science Centre (MAHSC), part of Health Innovation Manchester, invites clinical staff to apply for funding through the MAHSC Cancer Domain.
The focus of this competition round is exclusively on digital research and innovations that contribute to the advancement of cancer diagnostics, therapeutics and supportive care. Proposals for funding need to address one or more of the following domain priorities:
- Develop and evaluate high impact cancer innovations that improve early diagnosis, survival, care, and the patient experience.
- Act to reduce inequalities in all aspects of the Cancer Domain.
- Stimulate, support and champion Greater Manchester research, education and innovation.
- Align research, education, and clinical care missions to improve patient outcomes and population health.
The emphasis and priority on digital research and innovation projects that contribute to the domain’s ambition is aligned and supportive of the digital cancer ecosystem that brings together the assets and expertise of AHSC communities across Greater Manchester, Cancer Research UK and The Christabel Pankhurst Institute.
- Applications are limited to a maximum £20K allocation. Projects must be completed and funds spent before end of July 2024.
- Applications close on 23rd December 2023.
- Decision expected January 2024.
Further information on the process and how to apply can be found in the attached document.