08 Nov 2019
08:00 - 13:00
Life Science Support Health Economics Masterclass
Citylabs 1.0, Nelson Street, Manchester M13 9NQ
The GC Business Growth Hub Life Science Support Team are hosting a new fully-funded Life Science Support Health Economics Masterclass as part of our successful STEP INto Healthcare Masterclass series.
Health Economics is an important aspect to building a Healthcare Business Case. This masterclass will cover a range of topics and provide an overview of the methods of economic evaluation available, and how this can be used to present cost effectiveness and impact of health and care technologies.
We will also be presenting the Project Assessment Form (PAF) which is a Health Innovation Manchester initiative to support companies looking to approach the NHS with ready-for-market products.
Bradley Quinn from Health Innovation Manchester will lead the workshop, as well as a guest speaker to present the Case Study.
What will I learn?
- Why are economic appraisals needed for healthcare innovations?
- How to build a convincing business case
- Using Health Economics to support your PAF (Project Assessment Form)
- Green Book & HMT’s Five Case Model
- Techniques of economic appraisal – what do we mean by “return on investment”?
- Cost-effectiveness vs budget-impact analysis vs cost-benefit analysis vs SROI
- Distributional analysis. Who benefits (geography, cohort, organisation, “society”)?
- Building and maintaining an economic model
- Role of economic appraisal in monitoring & evaluation
- Case Study of a real world health economic model
Who should attend?
- Technology developers
- Industry representatives
- Anyone with an interest in Health Economics!
To hear more about our life science support news and events please sign up to our mailing list here.