20 Feb 2020
10:00 - 13:00
Academic and Researcher Development: Getting Started with Public Engagement
Roscoe Building, Room 3.4, The University of Manchester
Keen to engage the public with your research but not sure where to begin?
This half-day highly interactive workshop has been designed for researchers who are new to, or have some experience with public engagement.
During the workshop, participants will:
- Explore how public engagement can benefit you, your research, research funders and the public with whom you engage;
- Discover the huge range of activities you can use to engage the public with your research;
- Investigate the needs of different publics and how to effectively engage with them;
- Put your knowledge and skills into action to design and plan a public engagement activity;
- Learn how to take the next steps in finding public engagement contacts and opportunities.
University of Manchester staff can book onto this course by logging into the Training Catalogue.