23 Mar 2023
Universities and Trusts across Greater Manchester shortlisted in national nursing awards
Institutions and students from across Greater Manchester have been shortlisted for the prestigious Student Nursing Times Awards 2023.
The Student Nursing Times Awards celebrate the best of the next generation of nurses and their educators. As well as recognising the brightest talent making their way into the nursing profession, the awards also celebrate the lecturers, practice supervisors, universities, trusts and private organisations providing the best support for student nurses during their studies.
Finalists include students and organisations from across Greater Manchester, including Manchester Metropolitan University, The University of Manchester, The University of Salford, The University of Bolton, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust and Stockport NHS Foundation Trust.
Dr Paula Bennett, Chief Nurse at Health Innovation Manchester, said: “It’s wonderful to see so many academic institutions and students across Greater Manchester shortlisted for these prestigious nursing awards. The number of finalists across multiple categories and institutions across Greater Manchester really highlights that Manchester IS the place to train as a nurse and undertake post-registration studies. High-quality education and support for nursing across the system is truly something to celebrate.”
The finalists from across Greater Manchester are:
- Learner of the Year: Post-registration – Abbey Molloy
- Nurse Education Provider of the Year (Post-registration) – Post-registration apprenticeship team
- Student Nurse of the Year: Mental Health – Samuel Beckett
- University Educator of the Year – Anne-Marie Borneuf
- Nurse Education Provider of the Year (Post-registration) – Advanced leadership and professional practice MSc programme
- Teaching Innovation of the Year – The University of Salford digital skills passport (‘DiSk Pass™’)
- University Educator of the Year – Aleeza Khan
- Student Placement of the Year: Hospital – Christie digital oncology placement
- Student Placement of the Year: Hospital – The D5 model
The full list of finalists can be found here, and the winners will be announced on Friday 28 April at JW Marriott Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
For all press office enquiries please email email@example.com