16 Jan 2019
09:30:00 - 12:30:00
Pedagogy seminar — The 55 core behaviours of Transformational Educators
Room 4.38, Simon Building, Brunswick Street, Manchester
Pedagogy seminar — Is what the teacher does more important than what they know? The 55 core behaviours of Transformational Educators
This session aims to inspire behaviour change in those who teach.
We will highlight findings from our research which identifies the 55 core behaviours of ‘transformational educators’ and encourage participants to reflect upon ways in which they can adopt such behaviours and support colleagues to develop them too.
Intended learning outcomes of the session:
- Outline the main principles of ‘transformational’ teaching.
- Identify the 55 core behaviours of transformational educators.
- Reflect upon ways in which teachers can adopt practices and behaviours in order to become a more ‘transformational’ educator.
- Discuss how this information might be used to inform staff development programmes
- Consider how the observation of ‘educator’ behaviours could be used to assist in the recognition of teaching excellence.
Refreshments will be provided.
For any queries please contact the Academy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For all upcoming Academy events and past event resources, see http://mystaffdevelopment.org/
The Academy for Education and Professional Development’s mission is “To ensure consistent high-quality development and delivery of educational programmes with student experience at their heart”. Academy events are open to all those who contribute to the development, delivery and management of FBMH undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing professional development programmes including staff from across the University, the Manchester Academic Health Science Centre and our NHS clinical education partners. The Pedagogy Seminar Series provides a forum to discuss research undertaken and/or pedagogy literature of interest.