27 Feb 2019
10:00:00 - 13:00:00
Getting Started with Public Engagement: Centre for Academic and Research Development (CARD)
University Place, Room 2.220, The University of Manchester
Keen to engage the public with your research but not sure where to begin?
Engaging researchers go out of their way to involve the public with their research. They open up opportunities for others to get involved, provide new perspectives on the value of their work, and stimulate people to be curious about the world of research – and why it matters.
This half-day highly interactive workshop has been designed for researchers who are new to, or have some experience with public engagement.
During the workshop, participants will:
- Explore how public engagement can benefit you, your research, research funders and the public with whom you engage;
- Discover the huge range of activities you can use to engage the public with your research;
- Investigate the needs of different groups and how to effectively engage with them;
- Put your knowledge and skills into action to design and plan a public engagement activity;
- Learn how to take the next steps in finding public engagement contacts and opportunities.
Course Fee: £50.00
For more information:
Call: +44 (0) 161 275 1365
The Centre for Academic and Researcher Development (CARD) provides development opportunities for academic and research staff, postgraduate researchers and other professionals across higher education and the NHS in partnership with Health Innovation Manchester (HInM).
The goal is to create an environment that supports staff through every stage of their career, allowing them to excel and reach their full potential.