31 Oct 2019
09:00 - 13:00
BRC P4 Medicine Themed Discussion & Networking Event: ‘Teachable Moments in Disease Prevention’
Nowgen Centre, Grafton Street, Manchester M13 9WU
Manchester NIHR Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) Themed Discussion and Networking Event
‘Teachable Moments in Disease Prevention’
Audience: Staff and students engaged in or supporting all P4 medicine research affiliated with the BRC, CRF, The University of Manchester and/or Health Innovation Manchester.
The BRC Themed Discussion and Networking Events are designed to provide all staff and students with:
- The opportunity to update their knowledge and skills on P4 Medicine (Predictive, Preventive, Personalised and Participatory)
- The opportunity to raise awareness of the breadth of BRC activity and thereby instil a sense of identity, collegiality and a common purpose
This interactive workshop is an opportunity to learn more about teachable moments and how these can be used in disease prevention.
Learning outcomes will include:
– Understanding what a teachable moment is;
– Understanding patient and HCP perspectives on teachable moments;
– When and how to take advantage of these opportunities.