13 May 2020
13:00:00 - 16:00:00
Academic and Researcher Development: Strategic Publishing and Journal Reviewing
Ellen Wilkinson Building, Room B2.4, The University of Manchester
This workshop is for researchers with experience of academic publishing who want to become more involved in publication peer review and editing and develop a broader publication strategy to enhance their research and personal profile.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Have reflected on your publication strategy to date and identified the impact your research has made so far;
- Identified key stakeholders in your research and how you can engage with them more effectively in the future;
- Understand the peer review process and considered its pros and cons;
- Understand how, when and why you should get involved in journal reviewing;
- Understand the criteria for reviewing a journal article;
- Learn how to structure a reviewer report and what editors want from their reviewers.
University of Manchester staff can book onto this course by logging into the Training Catalogue.