Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust provide emergency and planned hospital care, including outpatient, inpatient and day case services and diagnostic tests.
We aim to deliver the best services to patients, as set out and measured by the NHS plan, but to do so in a way that fits the local situation in Wigan, Leigh and surrounding areas.
The service vision is to deliver high quality:
- Emergency and Urgent Care
- Care for serious disease (Cancer, Diabetes etc)
- Planned care for surgery
- Diagnostic Services
- Specialist Orthopaedic surgery
We employ 5049 members of staff, all of whom play their part in delivering high quality, safe and effective patient care from the following facilities:
- Royal Albert Edward Infirmary – our main district general hospital site, located in central Wigan, that hosts our Accident and Emergency Department
- Wrightington Hospital – a specialist centre of orthopaedic excellence
- Leigh Infirmary – an outpatient, diagnostic and treatment centre
- Thomas Linacre Centre – a dedicated outpatient centre in central Wigan
- WWL Eye Unit – a specialist ophthalmology unit based at Boston House in central Wigan.