Greater Manchester, Manchester, National
A Partnership to progress innovation and understanding in medicine.
RCPE Manchester was launched in June 2017 as a partnership between the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh and what was then MAHSC, and is now based within Health Innovation Manchester.
The partnership was set up with the aim to create new opportunities for the sharing of knowledge and expertise between the two organisations including:
- Seminars on a range of ‘hot topic’ issues
- Sharing the college’s educational programme, including live-streamed events
- Regional college meetings held in Manchester
- Collaborating to develop educational courses and continuing professional development opportunities
- Development of postgraduate qualifications
- Collating opinion on local health, education, service and research issues
- Collaborating to influence UK health policy
The two-year programme of events is underway and has already seen us host a number of successful symposia and live-stream events, and start to raise awareness of RCPE Manchester and build a presence in the region.
More is being planned for the 2018/19 programme. Please visit our website for details.
About the RCPE
The Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh was founded by Royal Charter in 1681. The College is a professional membership organisation which delivers a range of postgraduate educational services and aims to represent doctors, meet educational and professional needs and promote public health.