Research Programme Managers' Network
The North West Research Programme Managers’ Network (RPMN) was established in 2013 to encourage, facilitate and support effective research management. The RPMN is a peer support network where central issues in research management are discussed and, as a collective, members can make a meaningful contribution to research innovation.
Aims and objectives of the RPMN include:
- providing a network of support for programme managers across the North West
- sharing good practice
- discussing and evaluating new working procedures
- constructively discussing challenges within grant management
- establishing a shared competency framework to measure professional development
Membership is made up of research managers working in a health and/or social care background, in the North West across the region’s universities and NHS trusts.
Meetings and events
Meetings are held biannually and cover a wide range of topics often including invited speakers. Please see below for the 2018 meeting schedule:
- Tuesday 17 April 2018, 12.30-16.00
- Tuesday 16 October 2018, 9.00-12.30
The network also organises bespoke training days focusing on areas of interest to our membership. Our next training event will cover influencing and negotiation skills – details to be confirmed shortly.
How to join the RPMN
If you are interested in joining the network please contact Chair Charlie Stockton-Powdrell by email or telephone.
0161 306 0523