28 Jun 2019
Greater Manchester Future of Health Challenge
Health Innovation Manchester in partnership with UP Ventures, Novartis, Push Doctor, Google, MediaCityUK, The Landing, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Salford Digital and Apadmi have this week launched the ‘Greater Manchester Future of Health Challenge’ – a new initiative to support entrepreneurs working in the health technology space.
Underpinned by a world-class 12-week immersive acceleration programme, the challenge is designed for health-tech entrepreneurs of all stages who want to create real impact by improving people’s lives through purpose-driven innovation.
Based in The Landing, the technology incubator at the heart of MediaCityUK, the programme will be delivered by coaches and practitioners who continue to make and do in the real world. Each of the three programme phases will push participants to challenge their existing thinking, improve all aspects of their business and put the customer experience first. The challenge will bring together a host of expert advisers who each have a unique insight into developing and scaling breakthrough healthtech products and services.
The challenge is specifically looking for Innovations in Secondary Care that are aligned to the “Live Well” and “Age Well” NHS agenda and has three areas of focus
- Solutions that improve the experience of those with Dementia and/or Frailty: For vulnerable residents at risk of presenting at hospitals through social isolation, frailty, and dementia
- Solutions allowing primary care and outpatient services to be delivered in or near the home for patients. For patients with a long-term condition that requires regular attendance at outpatient clinics or in a primary care setting.
- Innovations to allow Digital Nudges to improve Prevention and Public Health. Helping people at risk of developing conditions whose outcomes can be improved through lifestyle change.
As well as gaining access to an unrivalled group of experts the leading startup, selected by our coaching panel, will win access to an outstanding award provided by Google Cloud for Startups. With this, the winning startup will be awarded $100k in cloud credits and expert support in the form of technical enablement through architecture & design sessions, technical office hours, and free credits to use Google Cloud which also includes using Google Healthcare APIs.
- Applications are welcome until the closing date of July 18th, 2019.
- Successful applicants will be informed by August 12th, 2019.
- The programme will launch on September 10th, 2019.
- Successful applicants will be required to attend one day each week until December 3rd.
For more information and to apply click here