14 May 2020
Digital North Accelerator supports SMEs to share their innovations
Four Academic Health Science Networks (AHSNs) are working together to help digital SMEs increase the spread and adoption of their innovations across the whole of the North of England.
Health Innovation Manchester, Innovation Agency North West Coast, North East and North Cumbria AHSN and Yorkshire & Humber AHSN launched the Digital North Accelerator Programme in December 2019 to deliver a range of supporting activity to facilitate adoption and spread of innovations for five companies from across the north of England.
The companies taking part include:
- IEG4 who have a digital platform for continuing healthcare assessments.
- Doc Abode who have an app to support workforce availability for appointments such as GP out of hours home visits
- Bruin Biometrics who have developed a scanner to detect developing pressure ulcers under the skin
- Zilico who have developed a device to detect cancerous and pre-cancerous cervical cells during a colposcopy
- Cievert who have two online platforms to support patient management.
In March 2020, a series of webinars were held to showcase these innovations. The recordings from each of the webinars can be found on the AHSN Network website and the corresponding slides for each of these innovators can also be found online here.