18 Nov 2021
Applications open for MAHSC Honorary Clinical Chair Appointments 2022
Applications for the 2022 Manchester Academic Health Science Centre (MAHSC) Honorary Clinical Chair appointments are now open.
Each year the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health (FBMH) at The University of Manchester makes these honorary appointments to allow distinguished individuals from the NHS in Greater Manchester to be recognised for their achievements by the university. These include any senior individual within the NHS who is providing care directly or indirectly to patients.
In order to be appointed to a MAHSC Honorary Clinical Chair, an individual should first and foremost be making an outstanding contribution to their clinical profession, with national or international impact. They will also be expected to be making a significant contribution to either teaching and / or research activity and, will have a professional standing equivalent to that of a substantive Professorial appointment in the University.
Expectations of a MAHSC Honorary Clinical Chair:
- To act as an Ambassador for our academic health science system (as embodied by Health Innovation Manchester), and for the University presence within the NHS
- To be involved in MAHSC Domain activities
- To encourage staff within the Professor’s network, including allied health professionals and trainees, to get involved in MAHSC & HInM and to understand their role in the health system
- To publish using the MAHSC affiliation in addition to the Trust
- To increase links, where relevant, with the GM HEIs – Manchester Metropolitan University, University of Salford and University of Bolton
- To promote GM academic activities & Health Innovation Manchester externally and internationally
- Individuals wishing to apply should make contact with a senior University member of staff to act as the nominator. The nominator should provide a brief written case and submit to the Head of School.
- Individuals should also arrange for a brief letter of sponsorship from their NHS Trust to be submitted with their application.
- Individuals submit a supporting statement, CV, and details of two referees to the Head of School.
- Interested parties are encouraged to have an informal conversation with Peter Clayton prior to application
The deadline for applications (Key date 1) is decided by individual FBMH schools – dates below:
- School of Medical Sciences: Deadline for receipt of all promotion applications, including MAHSC applications – Monday 13th December 2021
- School of Biological Sciences: Deadline for receipt of all promotion applications, including MAHSC applications – Friday 10th December 2021
- School of Health Sciences: Deadline for receipt of all promotion applications, including MAHSC applications – Friday 17th December 2021
More information and the application process can be found on The University of Manchester website