05 Feb 2019
13:00 - 16:00
Taking your Presentation Skills to the Next Level: Centre for Academic and Research Development (CARD)
Roscoe Building, Room 4.3, The University of Manchester
This workshop is for researchers with experience of presenting their findings to the research community who now want to communicate to a range of audiences and really hone their presentation skills.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Have identified different audiences that are potentially important for you and your research
- Have identified how you may be able to reach new audiences and the different communication challenges that may arise
- Have identified the characteristics of inspirational speakers.
- Have developed techniques for confident delivery and consider how to engage audiences with differing styles.
- Know how to work with visual aids and how to control your environment.
Course Fee: £50.00
For more information:
Call: +44 (0) 161 275 1365
The Centre for Academic and Researcher Development (CARD) provides development opportunities for academic and research staff, postgraduate researchers and other professionals across higher education and the NHS in partnership with Health Innovation Manchester (HInM).
The goal is to create an environment that supports staff through every stage of their career, allowing them to excel and reach their full potential.