01 May 2019
13:00 - 16:00
Strategic Publishing and Journal Reviewing: Centre for Academic and Research Development (CARD)
University Place, Room 3.204, The University of Manchester
This workshop is for researchers with experience of academic publishing who want to become more involved in publication peer review and editing and develop a broader publication strategy to enhance their research and personal profile.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Have reflected on your publication strategy to date and identified the impact your research has made so far;
- Identified key stakeholders in your research and how you can engage with them more effectively in the future;
- Understand the peer review process and considered its pros and cons;
- Understand how, when and why you should get involved in journal reviewing;
- Understand the criteria for reviewing a journal article;
- Learn how to structure a reviewer report and what editors want from their reviewers.
Course Fee: £50.00
For more information:
Call: +44 (0) 161 275 1365
The Centre for Academic and Researcher Development (CARD) provides development opportunities for academic and research staff, postgraduate researchers and other professionals across higher education and the NHS in partnership with Health Innovation Manchester (HInM).
The goal is to create an environment that supports staff through every stage of their career, allowing them to excel and reach their full potential.