01 Oct 2020
13:00:00 - 14:00:00
NIHR Manchester BRC Early Career Researcher Showcase Event
Manchester NIHR Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) Early Career Researcher Showcase Event
Audience: Staff and students engaged in or supporting all P4 medicine research affiliated with the BRC, CRF, The University of Manchester and/or Health Innovation Manchester and any public or patients interested in these research areas.
The showcase event will be a chance to hear short presentations from a range of NIHR funded BRC funded PhDs and clinical fellows. There will also be the opportunity to ask questions and identify areas for collaboration. We hope you can join!
Chair: Professor Georgina Moulton, BRC Training Lead and Professor of Bio-Health Informatics and Education at the University of Manchester.
- Carol Cunningham – ‘Photosensitivity in the Connective Tissue Disease spectrum disorders’
- Celia Hulme – ‘Exploring the Lived Experiences of British Sign Language (BSL) Users who access NHS Adult Hearing Aid Clinics: An Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis’
- Sarah Harbach – ‘DiagNOSEis: Exploring early detection of lung cancer with Nasosorption’
- Sian Bladon – ‘Exploring the antimicrobial burden of sepsis patients admitted to intensive care using electronic health records’
- Mikey Lebrett – ‘A Snapshot of Lung Cancer Screening Selection in Manchester’
- Stephanie Ling: ‘Personalising dosing of biologic therapies in inflammatory arthritis to maximise cost-benefit’
Zoom details will be sent to all those registered in advance. Should the Zoom allocation meet capacity, a live stream link will be added to this page.
For those unable to attend, a video recording of the event will be made available after the event via the BRC website.
Event contact: Jane Crosbie, MAHSC and BRC Education and Training Coordinator