29 Apr 2020
13:30:00 - 14:30:00
COVID-19: Patient Assessment the role of physiology and oximetry
The assessment of patients who are unwell with COVID or other causes presents a significant challenge for GPs and clinicians working in Primary Care. Dr Jonathan Leach RCGP Hon Sec and COVID lead, Dr Alison Tavare West of England AHSN , and Dr Simon Stockley, RCGP Lead for Acute Deterioration and Sepsis discuss the clinical assessment of patients with COVID-19, the role of oximetry and other physiology in that assessment.
Overview of content to be explored:
- Clinical features of COVID-19
- Importance of oximetry in COVID
- Clinical judgement and physiology in Patient assessment
- Role of NEWS2 in General Practice and Care Homes
- Remote oximetry in the assessment and management of COVID disease in the community
This will be followed by a Q and A session.
Please ensure you download Zoom ahead of the webinar. Details on how to do this can be found here.
This webinar will be recorded.