16 Oct 2019
13:00:00 - 15:00:00
55 Behaviours of Transformational Educators (The Academy for Education and Professional Development)
Simon building 3.44A, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL
This session aims to inspire behaviour change in those who teach. We will highlight findings from our research which identifies the 55 core behaviours of ‘transformational educators’ and encourage participants to reflect upon ways in which they can adopt such behaviours and support colleagues to develop them too.
The Intended learning outcomes of the session are to:
- Explain the principles of ‘transformational’ teaching.
- Identify the 55 core behaviours of transformational educators.
- Reflect upon ways in which teachers can adopt practices and behaviours in order to become a more ‘transformational’ educator.
- Discuss how this information might be used to inform staff development programmes
- Consider how the observation of ‘educator’ behaviours could be used to assist in the recognition of teaching excellence.
Refreshments will be provided. If you would like to attend this event, please register via Eventbrite.